Friday, June 17, 2011

Deciding To Start Your Own Business

What a scary thought! Who would want to make that leap of faith and start their own business? Do you really have the self confidence to do it? Take a deep breath and think about it.

If you are contemplating starting your own business, I know these thoughts are running through your head. They certainly raced through my mind when I was thinking about it. This is a decision that needs thorough thought. Don’t jump into it without thinking.

Have you thought about opening a store? The investment for an “on the street” business is great – thousands and thousands of dollars. That excludes most of us. A workable alternative is a “work at home” business. The increasing popularity of the internet has really opened up that field. The instability of so many businesses has created a need for many people to work for themselves.



Deciding To Start Your Own Business

It is very possible to start an “at home business” with very little investment. This allows the “little guy” (you and me) to be self-employed. If you search the web for online businesses, you will find many that do require a large initial outlay of cash. That wasn’t for me. I wanted an opportunity to start with little or no cash output and then I could determine expenditures on advertising and other things. This would allow me to control my budget. Not having a lot to spend, I was aware that it is possible to find free methods of advertising which would require more time than money.

Some people will quit their “day job” and jump into a business. I do not advise this unless you are very financially secure. I continue my full time job, devoting all the hours I can in the evenings and weekends to my new business. This takes a lot of determination! You really need a lot of self confidence to believe that this business will succeed and you will be able to do it full time in the future. You really have to want to change your lifestyle. The thought of being in control of my destiny fuels me. I am determined to succeed.

Work at home businesses are also perfect for part time work. Those of you who just want to supplement your family’s income for vacation money, Christmas money, money to pay the bills would do well with an online business. You can control how much you earn and how much time you spend.

In this day of corporations constantly downsizing, no job is secure. Wouldn’t you rather be the one in charge? Wouldn’t you rather not have a long commute each day? Make the move! Start working for yourself.



Jan Wilhelm invites you to visit http://www.profitsr4u.com. Not only is this site for the "want to be" internet marketer (lots of work at home and affiliate opportunities), but it is also for those already having a business (ways to improve your business.).


source:http://www.freearticles.com/article/Deciding-To-Start-Your-Own-Business/90

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...